CALGARY, ALBERTA–(Marketwire – July 22, 2009) – Quorum Information Technologies Inc. (TSX VENTURE:QIS) (Quorum) announced today that it has completed the 11 integration points between GM's Parts Workbench and XSELLERATORTM, Quorum's state-of-the-art dealership management system (DMS). Each one of these integration points saves dealerships time and improves their ability to service their customers, further adding to the Quorum DMS value equation. GM's Parts Workbench is replacing the GM RAPID system for parts ordering. It takes advantage of modern technology to streamline the parts ordering, shipping, and invoicing process, making it easier for the Parts Department to do business with GM.
“The completion of the Parts Workbench integration is a major step towards achieving the vision of one integrated process, combining the DMS and the OEM processes. This vision is becoming a reality as we continually work to further integrate the retail business processes in partnership with GM” said Dan Ichelson, Quorum's VP Operations and Development. “For the Parts Department, we have completed 11 integration points that will provide real-time access to critical parts data which will allow dealerships to improve service to their customers as well as their own profitability.”
“We were fortunate to pilot this new Parts Order Integration which allows us to always know where a customer's part is. We can provide real-time answers to look after customers better,” stated Karl Arguello, Parts Manager for Greiner Pontiac in California. “This integration is also a time saver for the parts department because we can now seamlessly access so much more information now than in the past, when we had to gather the information from multiple places.”
Parts Workbench Interfaces to Quorum's DMS:
– Parts Order Input – allows real-time processing of parts orders.
– Parts Order Inquiry – provides on-demand retrieval of parts order status giving dealers the ability to immediately see the status of their orders.
– Parts Order Maintenance – provides real-time Order Maintenance including upgrading or canceling backorders.
– Parts Invoice Inquiry – allows the user to get parts invoice information in real time direct from the order window within the XSELLERATOR DMS.
– Parts Shipment Inquiry – allows the user to get parts shipment information in real time direct from the order window within the XSELLERATOR DMS.
– Material Returns – allows real-time processing of part returns and part claims.
– Parts Information – allows the real-time on-demand retrieval of the most accurate source of GM parts information such as pricing and supersession detail.
– Parts Availability – provides real-time on-demand retrieval of up-to-date GM Parts Location and Availability information within GM distribution facilities.
– SPAC Inquiry – allows GM Dealership End Users to query for submitted SPAC (Service Parts Assistance Center) cases, and find out details about the status of the SPAC case.
– Parts Invoice ebXML – GM sends the parts daily invoice financial data, along with the weekly, monthly summary and monthly detail invoice data to the XSELLERATOR DMS on a scheduled basis. XSELLERATOR processes the data into reports that can be viewed or printed by the dealership's parts department.
– Parts Shipment ebXML – on a scheduled basis, GM will push Advise of Shipment data to the dealer via GMNA Exchange. XSELLERATOR will receive and process the data giving the user the ability to view and print the reports.
Quorum is a North American company focused on developing, marketing, implementing and supporting its XSELLERATORTM product for the automotive vertical. XSELLERATOR is a dealership and customer management software product which automates, integrates and streamlines every process across departments in a dealership. One of the select North American suppliers of General Motors' IDMS, Quorum is the third largest DMS provider for GM's Canadian dealerships with over 20% of the market. Quorum is a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner and Field-Level Managed ISV in both Canada and the United States. Quorum Information Technologies is traded on the Toronto Venture Exchange (TSX-V) under the symbol QIS. For additional information please go to www.QuorumDMS.com. The TSX Venture Exchange does not accept responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.